British coins and the largest online forum
Predecimal.com - is just me, specialising in the sale and purchase of British coins from about 1660 onwards, offering a basic range of collectors' accessories and free knowledge on this interesting and fulfilling field.
This website also contains the biggest British Coin forum in the world, with over 140,000 posts it's quite possibly the largest British numismatic reference of any kind. It's searchable, free and everyone is welcome.
This website is run by Christopher Henry Perkins - Professional numismatist, former broadcaster, author of "Collectors' Coins GB" (for pre-decimal coins), and of "Collectors' Coins - Decimal Issues of the UK", co-author of a number of other books. Please see Coin Publications.com for more details on my range of books.
Collectors of current British (decimal) coins should visit my checkyourchange.co.uk website for comprehensive information on decimal coins and links the the current best selling coin book in the UK and my Check Your Change app.
As of 2019: Most orders are and have always been sent from Germany. For 2019 the German Post office have made some quite big changes including doing away with the inexpensive up-to-50g letter option, which was very handy for small orders of 1-3 coins. For that reason I've had to put the minimum postage price up to £3.40, which covers orders with weights up to 500g.
The predecimal.com range of coin collecting accessories was drastically reduced in 2017. Read more...
- AssurancesTo put your mind at rest.
- Advice HubCoin grading, general coin care and information.
- Online Auctions(None available.)
- Metal DetectingMetal Detecting in search of coins - an introduction.
- Strange coinage system!Predecimal? What's that? Read all about Great Britain and Northern Ireland coin denominations before 1971.
- Roman coin missionLessons learned when I started being fascinated by Roman Coins.
- Coin ForumDiscuss anything coin related. Post pictures, setup a poll, get a valuation. It's feature packed and contains over 100,000 posts, making it the largest numismatic reference of it's kind.
- British CoinsThe complete History of British coinage from Celtic to now. In 12 parts.